WE HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD!
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster award was created to help promote new bloggers and expand their reach – basically it acts like a referral from one blogger to the next and you, the reader, to get to benefit from finding more new and interesting blogs!
It consists of 11 questions that the blogger answers and then they create 11 of their own questions and nominate more bloggers to pass the love on and share new blog discoveries.
Thanks to Katie Hughes for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
The questions Katie created for me:
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
When we first left for Europe in 2013, I started a private blog so our friends and family could follow us on our travels. It’s grown from there.
2. What’s your favourite destination?
I can’t just name one! I love St. John, USVI, Ambergris Caye, Belize and Málaga, Spain
3. What’s the most important thing about your blog?
There’s a misconception that traveling the world with children is too hard or not fun. I just want to share how rewarding travel can be and what a wonderful gift it is for families to experience that world together.
4. What’s the most fun activity you’ve done that you’d recommend to your readers?
Swimming with nurse sharks in Belize. I am terrified of sharks and only jumped off the boat so my kids would! I was so scared. But nurse sharks are friendly and beautiful and it was great fun. It really helped me get over my fear of the ocean.
5. Do you have any goals for your blog?
I would like to dive deeper into world schooling and add some interviews with other worldschoolers wiser than I.
6. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
I’m a big sci-fi fan! I love Wool by Hugh Howey
7. Where have you had your most romantic moment? (It is Valentine’s Day soon! )
My husband and I spent a week alone on St. John, USVI. It was magical!
9. Have you ever attended a bloggers network event?
No, but I would love to someday.
10. What do you do outside of blogging?
My husband and I have started a game design company with our boys. The boys and I design the games and my husband does the coding. We just released our first game called Hidden Islands for iPad, iPhone and Android.
11. Anything else you would like to add for your readers?
I’ll end with my favorite travel quote:
“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
I’m nominating the following bloggers:
- Jessica Trask Sueiro @ Goodie Goodie Gum Drop
- Amy Benigno Fothergill @ Amy the Family Chef
- Lorena Varsano Cagnotti @ The Nomadic Adventures
- Janae Jenkins @ Janae Jenkins’ Blog
- Aisling Özdemir @ Fazed and Confused
This is my new set of eleven questions for the nominees:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What’s the most important thing about your blog?
- Do you have any goals for your blog?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- What do you do outside of blogging?
- Do you prefer city, beach or countryside?
- How do you stay fit while traveling? Or How do you stay fit?
- Most memorable meal while traveling?
- Favorite Travel Destination?
- What app do you love?
- Favorite Quote?